PANTEION UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCES
136 SYNGROU AV., 17671 ATHENS
tel. +30 2109201019
Status- Current position
· f. Vice Rector of Economic Affairs and Development, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens, Greece (2009-2011)
· Professor of Criminology, Sociology Department
-Degree in Sociology, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (1985)
-Masters (MA) in Criminology (1986)
-Degree in Pedagogy (1987)
-Ph. Dissertation. Doctorate in Criminology, Panteion University 1994
Fields of interest
Publications and research done on: restorative justice, social mediation, juvenile delinquency, gender issues, social movements, family violence, victimology.
Publications (indicatively listed)
· Artinopoulou, V. (2010) Restorative Justice, A challenge for criminal justice systems. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens,p. 195 (in greek), preface by Dr. Theo Gavrielides
· Artinopoulou, V. (2010) School mediation, Training pupils in dealing with violence and bullying. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens, p. 160 (in greek)
· Artinopoulou, V. Domestic violence against women. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens 2006, p. 210 (in greek).
· Artinopoulou, V. & Papatheodorou, Th. Sexual Harassment against women in Greece. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens 2006, p. 187 (in greek)
· Artinopoulou, V. School Violence in Greece. Research overview and coping strategies, in E. Debarbieux and C. Blaya (ed), Violence in schools. Ten approaches in Europe, Paris ESF, 2001, pp.111-26.(in English and French)
· Artinopoulou, V. School violence. Research and policies in Europe. Metaihmio Publications, Athens 2001 (in greek)
· Artinopoulou, V. New Social Movements- A criminological perspective. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens 2000 (in greek)
· Artinopoulou, V. and Magganas A. Victimology and Aspects of Victimization. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens 1996 (in greek)
b. Other publications (book chapters, peer review journals, etc) (indicatively cited)
· Artinopoulou, V. & Gavrielides, Th. (2012) Restorative Justice and Family Violence, Asian Journal of Criminology (forthcoming).
-Artinopoulou, V (2012) Young Females in Custody. The greek experience. In Th. Gavrielides (ed) Youth and Restoration. De Sitter Publication, Canada 2012
-. Artinopoulou, V. (2011) Bullying and cyberbullying in Greece , in Thanos & Kourkoutas (eds) School violence and delinquency: Psychosocial dimensions and interventions, Topos Editions (in greek)
- Artinopoulou, V. & Petoussi, V. (2011) Legalism and Paternalism in Greece: Powerful Trends in the Reification of Risk in the treatment of juvenile offenders. In In François, A., Massin, V., Niget, D. (eds) Violences juvéniles sous expertise(s), XIXe-XXIe siècles / Expertise and juvenile violence, 19th-21st century, Presses Universitaires de Louvain.
- Artinopoulou, V. (2011) Restorative Justice and Human Rights: One step forward of two steps back? In collective volume "The way to justice" Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Editions Ant. Sakoula.· Artinopoulou, V. (2010) Victim Offender Mediation in Family Violence cases- The greek experience. In European Best Practices of Restorative Justice in the Criminal Procedure. Conference Publication, Ministry of Justice and Law Enforcement of the Republic of Hungary, Budapest, pp.177-186.
· Artinopoulou, V. (2010) Victims of crime in Contemporary Greece, In St. Alexiadis’ Honorable Volume, Sakkoulas editions, (in English).
· Artinopoulou, V. & Petoussi, V. (2010) Legalism and paternalism in Greece: Powerful trends in the reification of risk and the treatment of juvenile offenders. In François, A., Massin, V., Niget, D. (eds) Violences juvéniles sous expertise(s), XIXe-XXIe siècles / Expertise and juvenile violence, 19th-21st century, Presses Universitaires de Louvain, (in press).
· Artinopoulou, V. (2010) The gray zones of restorative justice. In J. Farsedakis’ honorable volume, Athens (in press)
· Artinopoulou, V. and Farsedakis, J. (2006) La violence contre les femmes exercée par leurs conjoints ou compagnons. In: Une criminologie de la Tradition a l’Innovation. Editions Larcier, 2006, pp. 81-87.
· President of Board at the “Central Scientific Council of Prisons” Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights (2009-2011 ).
· Vice President of Board at Organisation against drugs, Ministry of Health and Social Care (2010- )
· National Representative at CDPC, Council of Europe 2010.
· Board Member of “Addiction Prevention and Healthcare Treatment Center of the Municipality of Athens” (2007- )
· President of Board at the “Social Mediation Center”. Municipality of Korydallos (Athens) (2004-05)
· President of Board at the “Research Center for Gender Issues” (2001-2004), Ministry of Interior.
· National Representative at the European Observatory on School Violence (from 2000)
· Expert of the European Network -European Initiative CONNECT-FI on the confrontation of school violence (2001-2003)
· Expert of the European Commission Committee on School Violence (DG XXII) (1997-1998).
· Member of the European Forum for Restorative Justice (since 2008).